Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lauren's Chicken Parmesean

this comes from the wonderful Lauren Opie
Here is the recipe she sent straight to me:

So this just might be my biggest secret in the kitchen ever. But my chicken parm is the yummiest, and probably one of the easiest things I make.
All you Need:
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. (This would be a good place for me to mention, it is so worth having a favorite jar of spaghetti sauce. Try every single one from the $1 a jar to the $8 a jar until you find one you love. I find the fewer ingredients the better. My personal fav is anything by Tuttorosso, but I'm afraid it may only be available regionally. It can often be found on sale for .99 a jar and it's the BEST!)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 pkg mozzarella cheese
1 egg & a splash of milk
Enough olive oil to coat your pan
1 pkg whatever pasta you're diggin'

Mix egg and milk together. Dip chicken in egg/milk mixture. Then flop back and forth and coat it with bread crumbs. Heat oil in a skillet, and when it's hot (there's a neat little test you can do... flick a little drop of water into the pan of oil. If it jumps around and sizzles the oil is hot enough) throw in the breaded chicken. I usually start the pasta about now. Flip the chicken after maybe 7 minutes? Once it's looking nice and golden brown give them a flip. Then top each breast with a tablespoon of sauce, and sprinkle with cheese. Continue cooking until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Maybe another 7 minutes. Really depends on the thickness of your breasts. And I feel awkward using the word breast this many times in one paragraph, chicken's or not.

Drain spaghetti, add sauce, and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. YUM! Going to make this for dinner right now.

I can vouch for her that this was super yummy.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I just struggled with the temperature of the oil. But the flavor was great! And it was a super fast meal. I was pleasantly surprised because reading the recipe it sounded like it would be complicated but it was fast and easy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this and failed miserably. The oil got me too; it didn't say what heat to use. I used medium-high and it burned the outsides and the insides weren't cooked through. It just shows that I can mess up even one of your easy recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Did you like it? Did you change it up at all? Let me know!