Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shepherd's Pie

This was surprisingly simple and good.
I just have to perfect my instant
mashed potato making skills.


1 lb ground beef, browned
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup (I actually used cream of celery and loved it)
12 oz frozen corn, or any veggie of your choice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 cups mashed potatoes (I used the 4 servings from the instant)
1 cup shredded cheese

Mix browned meat with soup; season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder-or other seasonings to taste.

Layer meat mixture in bottom of 8x8 baking dish. Top with veggies.

Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions. Spoon potatoes on top of veggies.

Sprinkle potatoes with cheese.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.

She also gives freezing directions:
After preparing Shepherd's Pie, do not bake. Instead, seal, label and freeze. To serve: Thaw in fridge, then bake as indicated above.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! You saved me!! I had no idea what to make for dinner the other night and it was already 5pm! I saw your blog and was so happy for the idea because I already had left over mashed potatoes in the fridge and I already had some left over ground beef I had cooked up for something else!! I used the ground beef with cream of chicken like you suggested which I had never done before. I usually use beef with a red sauce or chicken with a cream sauce. I really like mixing it up. I threw some green onions on top after I pulled it out of the oven to add a bit of freshness and it was so yummy. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Did you like it? Did you change it up at all? Let me know!